What are the Tramadol tablets warnings?
Kindly read the Tramadol tablets warnings written on the box of the drug when you are going to take Tramadol. It is given to make aware doctors and patients about its severe side effects.
- Tramadol can lead to addiction and misuse if it doesn’t use properly, resulting in overdose or even death. So, take the dosage strictly as told by the doctor.
- The risk is high in the starting three days of medication or when you increase your dose level. It can slow or stop your breathing, and if it is not treated immediately can lead to death.
- The patient should keep Tramadol away from others because if it is taken accidentally by anyone, especially by kids, it can cause death.
- Tramadol should not be given to children younger than 12 years old or 18 years if they have any risk factors. As in some cases, children’s bodies can process this quickly, which leads to slow breathing and death.
- Tramadol can cause seizures, and if you are consuming other medications, then the risk is higher, drugs like opioid pain, depression, mood disorders, psychosis.
- You should not drink alcohol if you have to take Tramadol to increase your risk of side-effects like- slow breathing, low blood pressure, confusion, or decreased heart rate.
- Tramadol can cause several allergies, also. E.g.-
- blistering or peeling skin
- hives (itchy welts)
- trouble breathing
- swelling of your face, lips, throat, or tongue
- severe itching
Abuse of Tramadol include taking Tramadol in higher doses or consuming it more longer than it is prescribed. Taking tramadol with other drugs without doctor’s prescription is also drug abuse. It can lead to serious side effects or even death.
To prevent addiction of tramadol from drug abuse you should recognise the signs and side effects of it as soon as possible. It includes:
- Slurred Speech
- Impaired Coordination
- Change in appetite
- Pinpoint pupils
If you are pregnant or planning for it then you should consult with your doctor before consuming Tramadol. Your baby could become dependent on drug. The babies which are born dependent on habit-forming medicines may need treatment for many weeks.
If you are taking Tramadol don’t breast-feed your baby. Tramadol can pass into breast milk and cause several side effects in nursing baby like drowsiness, breathing problem or it can lead even to death.
Tramadol is a controlled substance so you should not take Tramadol without doctor’s consultation. Always read Tramadol tablets warnings before consuming it.